- Our Surgeons
- About Us
- Contact Us
Elan Reisin, M.D. FACS
Elan Reisin, M.D. FACS is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). He belongs to many medical organizations and associations. Dr. Reisin is a published medical authority on breast surgery. The most recently published textbook, Surgery of the Breast, authored by Dr. Reisin’s mentor, Scott L. Spear, M.D., a leading medical authority on breast surgery, includes Dr. Reisin’s co-authored chapter on breast augmentation through the peri-areolar approach. This book is used as a training textbook worldwide for plastic surgery residents and serves as a reference guide for practicing plastic surgeons.
Elan Reisin was named the 1990 Top Hispanic High School Student in the United States for his academic achievements and was also recognized as an accomplished athlete. He was recruited by top universities. He received and accepted an academic scholarship to the University of Michigan and was the recipient of the Michigan Achievement Award.
Dr. Reisin completed his Bachelor of Science in Biopsychology at the University of Michigan. After working as a Research Fellow in Genetics for the National Institute of Health, Dr. Reisin then completed both his Master’s Degree in Medical Science and his M.D. at the Wayne State University School of Medicine. Dr. Reisin completed his General Surgery training at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit. He was accepted by the prestigious Georgetown University Hospital for a residency in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Dr. Reisin was Chief Resident in Plastic Surgery at the Georgetown University Hospital.
After completing his residency, Dr. Reisin joined the Reisin Institute in Chevy Chase, Maryland established by his father, Dr. Jorge Reisin, a world renowned plastic surgeon. Dr. Elan Reisin has performed over 5,000 cosmetic procedures and has been recognized with the Patient’s Choice Award in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015. A caring and patient-focused surgeon, he received the Compassionate Doctor Award in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 and is recognized in the “Top Doctors” for the Washingtonian in Washington, D.C.
Dr. Reisin enjoys teaching his colleagues and, as an injector specialist and physician trainer, he is often a featured speaker in the art of achieving the maximum results for patients who have opted for temporary injectable treatment instead of facial plastic surgery. Dr. Reisin additionally was honored for his service, dedication and mentorship to the residents of the Plastic Surgery Integrated Residency Training Program at Georgetown University Hospital.
Having spent his childhood summers in Argentina, Dr. Reisin is bi-lingual in English and Spanish and has traveled extensively across Europe and South America. He has volunteered his time to work with children in the Dominican Republic who suffer from birth defects and disfiguring injuries through the Operations Luz Del Sol project.
Dr. Reisin was voted Hour Magazines Top Doc in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in 2015. Reisin received the most votes in the category of plastic surgery by a selection of his peers.
“Upon my father’s retirement from our plastic surgery practice, I was faced with a decision of staying in the Maryland/Washington D.C. area as a sole practitioner or pursuing the opportunity presented to me to join Star Plastic Surgery as its Medical Director,” states Dr Reisin. “Because of Star’s unique position as one of the preeminent plastic and cosmetic centers in the United States, and the opportunity to work with a team of highly skilled and respected plastic surgeons, I decided to accept the position. My decision to relocate back to the Metro Detroit area was made easier due to my extensive network of friends and professional associates in Michigan, from the years I spent obtaining my medical training. ” Dr. Reisin currently resides in Birmingham and in his free time, he enjoys reading, working out and martial arts.
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Masters Degree
- Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
- Medical School
- Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI
- Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI
- General Surgery - Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery - Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, D.C.
Certifications and Memberships
- Certification American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- International College of Surgeons
- National Capital Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Maryland State Medical Society
- Tigerlilly Foundation, Medical Advisory Board
- Private Practice
- Plastic Surgery, Chevy Chase, MD
- Plastic Surgery, The Reisin Institute, Chevy Chase, MD
- Plastic Surgery, Regency Medical Group, PLLC, Novi, MI
Additional Awards and Accolades include:
- 2015 Hour Detroit Magazine’s Top Doc #1
- 2014 Consultant to the National Institute of Medicine
- 2014 National Academy of Plastic Surgery Award of Honor/Lifetime Laureate
- 2015 Patients’ Choice Award
- 2014 Patients’ Choice Award
- 2013 Patients’ Choice Award
- 2012 Patients’ Choice Award
- 2012 America’s Top Surgeons
- 2011 Patient’s Choice Award
- 2010 Patient’s Choice Award
- 2009 Patient’s Choice Award